New Podcast Episode!
Salla is an integral part of the team here at Your Yoga Flow and you can enjoy some wonderful practices with her on the Your Yoga Flow Online Class Platform.
We talked to Salla about the stages and phases of being a yoga teacher. Salla shares the highlights, the challenges, and the tools she has collected along to way to find balance in her life as a practitioner & teacher of yoga. For anyone on - or beginning to explore - the path of teaching yoga this is an essential listen!
Dark Chocolate Christmas Balls - Recipe
Here's a simple and delicious no-bake recipe for Dark Chocolate Christmas Balls. They are perfect for the festive season and are a crowd-pleaser!
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (or finely chopped dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Optional mix-ins: crushed nuts, dried fruits, or coconut flakes
- For coating: cocoa powder, powdered sugar, crushed nuts, or shredded coconut
1. Prepare Chocolate Mixture:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine dark chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the mixture is smooth and well combined. This should take about 1-2 minutes in total.
- Stir in vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. If using any mix-ins like nuts or dried fruits, fold them into the mixture now.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the mixture is firm enough to shape.
3. Shape Balls:
- Once chilled, use a spoon or a small ice cream scoop to form small balls from the mixture. Roll them between your palms to make them round.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder, powdered sugar, crushed nuts, or shredded coconut for a festive look. You can also mix and match coatings for variety.
5. Final Chill:
- Place the coated chocolate balls on a parchment-lined tray and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to an hour, to set.
6. Serve or Gift:
- Enjoy your no-bake dark chocolate balls as a delightful Christmas treat. They also make great gifts when placed in decorative boxes or jars.
- For a richer flavour, you can add a splash of liqueur like rum, brandy, or orange liqueur to the chocolate mixture.
- Keep the chocolate balls chilled until ready to serve, as they can soften at room temperature.
- Customize the balls with various coatings and mix-ins to suit your taste preferences.
Enjoy your homemade dark chocolate Christmas balls! They're sure to add a sweet touch to your holiday celebrations.
🧘♀️ Embrace your inner warrior with Warrior 1 pose! 🧘♂️
Stand tall and strong, grounding yourself as you reach for the sky. 🌟 Feel the energy flow through your body, building strength and balance. 💪
✨ You can find other short pose tutorials like this in the Workshop section of the platform. They can be a helpful refresher and an opportunity to check in with your body! Happy Practicing!
A Golden Almond Mylk Turmeric Latte, also known as Golden Milk or Turmeric Milk, is a delicious and soothing drink that combines the anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric with the richness of almond milk.
This comforting drink is perfect for winding down in the evening, or as a flavourful way to start the day. Enjoy your Golden Almond Mylk Turmeric Latte!
Here's a simple recipe for you:
Golden Almond Mylk Turmeric Latte
1. 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
2. 1 tsp turmeric powder (or a 1-inch piece of fresh turmeric, peeled and finely grated)
3. 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (or a small stick of cinnamon if you prefer)
4. 1/4 tsp ground ginger (or a 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated)
5. A pinch of black pepper (helps with absorption of curcumin from turmeric)
6. 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (adjust according to your taste)
7. 1 tsp coconut oil or ghee (optional, but adds a lovely creaminess and additional health benefits)
1. Combine Ingredients: In a saucepan, combine almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, and the coconut oil or ghee (if using).
2. Warm and Simmer: Heat the mixture over medium heat until it's warm but not boiling, stirring frequently to prevent the milk from scalding.
3. Sweeten: Once heated, remove from heat and stir in maple syrup or honey. Adjust the sweetness to your liking.
4. Blend (Optional): For an extra frothy latte, transfer the warmed mixture to a blender and blend on high for a minute until frothy. This step is optional, but it gives a nice frothy consistency to the drink.
5. Serve: Pour the golden milk into mugs, sprinkle a little extra cinnamon or turmeric on top for garnish if desired, and enjoy!
Hey everyone! It's great to have some new faces in our CommUNITY yoga practitioners, wellness enthusiasts, and yoga teachers and students.
Let's welcome these lovely souls by sharing some calming and inspiring moments... Post a photo or simply describe how your yoga practice nurtures your overall health and well-being.
Let's continue uplifting each other with our stories of growth, encouragement, and relaxation.
Take this opportunity to connect with others who share the same passion for holistic wellness and ignite others' motivation through your own experiences! Keep spreading positive vibes throughout our amazing community!
I'll start... If I miss a few days of practice, I feel it! In every corner of my being. My body craves the healing and the positive energy. When I don't practice, even a simple Savasana, my body lets me know.
Did you know most of your questions can be answered in our help centre?! It's also the best way to connect with us, if you have a specific question.
Check it out :)
Happy Weekend to all our amazing CommUNITY members out there!
As we step into the weekend, let's take a moment to find our zen and wholeheartedly embrace this opportunity to feel calm, inspired, and relaxed. It's time to unleash your inner yogi and let your practice ignite your spirit.
Imagine rolling out your yoga mat in the peaceful space of your own home, where you can immerse yourself in the uplifting energy of like-minded individuals. Connect with others who share your love for wellness, health, and, of course, yoga!
Whether you are new to yoga or have been practicing for years, finding your zen is essential in nurturing both the body and mind. In moments of stillness on your mat, the practice encourages reflection and self-discovery. Take a deep breath, inhale positivity, and exhale any tension or stress that may be weighing you down. Let go of any distractions from the week behind us as we refocus our attention on creating balance within ourselves.
Let's inspire one another in this wonderful journey by sharing our most calming poses or favourite quotes that motivate us to keep going even during challenging times. Help someone else discover their inner strength by encouraging them during their practice or providing tips on how to achieve a deeper level of relaxation.
Remember that finding your zen doesn't have to be limited only to these two magical days - it can be cultivated all week long! Each day brings fresh opportunities for growth and mindfulness. Let this post serve as an invitation for self-reflection as we embark on a weekend filled with tranquil vibes and profound serenity.
🧘♀️✨ Embrace the Stillness: The Power of Meditation ✨🧘♂️
In the hustle and bustle of our busy lives, finding a moment of peace becomes invaluable. That's where meditation comes in! 🌼
Meditation can be a path to inner calm, clarity, and resilience. It helps reduce stress, enhance focus, and connect with our true selves. 🌟
So, take a deep breath, close your eyes, and let go of the chaos for a while. This guided meditation by Juan is a great way to begin your day! 🙏💫
In today's fast-paced world, we are inundated with a cacophony of sounds - from the hum of traffic and the buzz of notifications to the constant chatter of televisions and radios. Amidst this auditory overload, the genuine power and profundity of silence often go unnoticed. Yet, silence, or more accurately, the sounds of silence, holds unparalleled significance in our lives. Here's why.
1. Silence as a Sanctuary
In our quest for productivity and incessant connectivity, our minds seldom get a moment of true respite. Silence offers that refuge. The stillness found in silence acts as a balm to our overstimulated brains, granting them the space to rejuvenate, reflect, and heal.
2. The Revelations within Quietude
Silence isn't the absence of sound but rather a canvas where softer, usually overshadowed noises come to the forefront. The gentle rustling of leaves, the rhythmic heartbeat, or even the distant echo of a bird's song. These delicate sounds serve as reminders of the world's innate wonders, urging us to tune into the present and foster mindfulness.
3. Enhancing Creativity
Ever noticed how your most innovative ideas or solutions to problems emerge when you're in a quiet space? Silence, devoid of distractions, allows the mind's creative juices to flow freely. It's in these quiet moments that the subconscious mind surfaces, offering insights that might remain buried under the weight of everyday noise.
4. Emotional and Spiritual Growth
Silence aids in introspection. Delving deep into one's thoughts and feelings in a quiet environment can lead to a better understanding of oneself and one's place in the universe. This self-awareness can be a catalyst for personal growth, emotional healing, and spiritual development.
5. Fostering Deep Connections
Sometimes, the most profound conversations occur in silence. Being with someone in a silent space, where words become superfluous, can lead to a depth of connection and understanding that words often fail to achieve.
The sounds of silence - be it the soft whispers of nature or the resonating stillness - possess a magic that's both healing and transformative. As the great musician Paul Simon once sang, "People hearing without listening." Maybe it's time we truly listen to the sounds of silence, embracing its wisdom and finding solace in its serene symphony.
Using a neti pot at home is a traditional Ayurvedic practice that can help clear nasal passages, reduce congestion, and relieve sinus symptoms. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use a neti pot easily and safely:
A neti pot: This is a small container with a spout, specifically designed for nasal irrigation.
Non-iodized salt (preferably fine sea salt or Himalayan pink salt)
Sterilized or distilled water: Do not use tap water unless it has been boiled and cooled.
A clean towel
Prepare the saline solution:
Fill the neti pot with about 8 ounces (240 ml) of lukewarm distilled or sterilized water.
Add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of non-iodized salt to the water.
Stir until the salt dissolves completely.
Stand over a sink or basin to catch any runoff.
Tilt your head sideways, keeping one nostril pointed towards the ceiling and the other towards the sink.
Begin the irrigation:
Insert the spout of the neti pot gently into the upper nostril, creating a seal.
Slowly pour the saline solution into the nostril, allowing it to flow out of the lower nostril into the sink.
Breathe through your mouth during the process.
Once you've emptied half of the solution, remove the neti pot, stand upright, and gently blow your nose to clear out any remaining solution.
Tilt your head in the opposite direction and repeat the process with the other nostril.
Once you've used all the saline solution, stand up and gently blow your nose to clear out any remaining solution and mucus.
Clean the neti pot with warm water and soap after each use. Allow it to air dry.
Always use distilled, sterile, or previously boiled water. Using tap water directly can introduce harmful organisms into your nasal passages.
If you experience any pain or discomfort, stop the procedure and consult a healthcare professional.
If you are new to this, start with a milder saline solution and gradually increase the salt concentration if needed.
Consult with a healthcare professional before starting nasal irrigation, especially if you have a medical condition or concerns about the procedure.
Using a neti pot can be beneficial, especially during allergy seasons or when experiencing nasal congestion. However, always ensure that you're using it correctly to prevent any potential complications.